Standard training classes are typically designed for a specific target audience such as:
Technicians – Many new to industry personnel do not have the same level of technical experience or exposure as in previous generations. We can help provide the base knowledge and experience in a controlled environment to help build confidence in your technical labour force.
Engineers – In most manufacturing or repair/overhaul facilities, Engineers are often the people responsible for writing repair or special process procedures. However, many well educated engineers lack the “Hands On” experience and there can be a gap in the interpretation or understanding of the technical instruction. In providing this experience to engineers, they will be able to better understand the challenges of technical staff and will help provide better communication to the technicians responsible for following the engineering instructions.
Management – Similar to the engineering role, managers are the ones that direct technical staff to perform their duties as assigned. On occasion in a technical environment, a manager may have a very different skill set than the people he/she is directing. A familiarization of the process involved can help the managers understand the challenges of the technician, therefore providing better communication.
Classes can be a 1 to 2 hr overview, or a 3 to 4 week detailed experiential learning cycle, and can be customized to fit the needs of your organization.
A sampling of previously facilitated training programs or offered courses include:
- Assembly and torque of bolted joints
- Basic Gas Turbine Engine Theory
- Electrical AC/DC fundimentals
- Engine Familiarization by model
- Please note, no proprietary information can be shared without OEM authorization
- Engine Practical
- Includes Induction, dismantle, Inspection, Assembly, Engine Test, and dispatch.
- Foreign Object Damage (FOD) control
- Hardware and Locking Devices
- Hoist & Lift safety
- Intro to Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance
- Marking Methods, permanent and temporary for Aviation
- Precision Measurement & Drawing Interpretation
- Tooling, safe use of hand tools and special equipment